English -Back to the Future - A
Teacher in Charge: Mrs K. PETERS
In this English course we will explore how future-focused texts can be powerful criticisms of our present and provide warnings of what could be in store for people in the future. Through this process you will apply this to:
- Watching and/or reading a variety of science fiction texts
- Learning about what aspects of modern society are being criticised and reflect how this impacts you as an individual and your place within society.
- Writing a short science fiction story of your own, based on your concerns or observations.
- Completing an inquiry into what the future will hold for people and how this will impact you as an individual and society as a whole.
- Collaboratively analyse a text that as a group you find compelling and explore the implications that this has on society.