The Arts - Monumental Momentum - A
Teacher in Charge: Mrs B. Davies
Creativity & Innovation
You will learn the fundamental skills of hip hop dancing and create hip hop sets of your own. You will also have the opportunity to test out your skills in a practical hip hop dance exam. You will have the opportunity to work with the junior and senior hip hop crews to create dance sets that can be taken to competition and performed publicly at events.
- Begin learning Hip Hop exercises from the Dance NZ Made Hip Hop syllabus.
- Gain an understanding of the origins of the Hip Hop movement.
- Begin to explore your ability to create dance and choreograph Hip Hop dances.
- Polish our performances of the Dance NZ Made Hip Hop exercises ready for assessment.
- Present a research project showing your understanding of the origins of Hip Hop Dance.
- Choreograph a dance to perform in the end of Term 2 Dance presentation show.
Recommended Prior Learning
There is no prior learning required just your willingness to learn a new skill.
Diversional Therapist, Actor, Art Director (Film, Television or Stage), Artistic Director, Film and Video Editor, Sound Technician, Dancer, Entertainer, Counsellor, Minister of Religion, Musician, Systems Administrator, Director (Film, Television, Radio or Stage), Early Childhood Teacher, Media Producer, Production Assistant (Film, Model, Nanny/Child Carer, Private Teacher/Tutor, Television Presenter,
Standards shown on courses are only an indication and not all may be offered at the time of study.