The Arts - Contemporary Dance - A
Teacher in Charge: Mrs B. Davies
Creativity & Innovation
You will learn the fundamental skills of contemporary dancing and create contemporary dances of your own. You will also have the opportunity to test out your skills in a practical contemporary dance exam. You will have the opportunity to work with the Junior and Senior contemporary dance group to create dances that can be taken to competition and performed publicly at events.
- Begin learning Contemporary exercises from the Dance NZ Made Contemporary syllabus.
- Gain an understanding of the origins of Contemporary Dance.
- Begin to explore your ability to create dance and choreograph dances.
- Polish our performances of the Dance NZ Made Contemporary exercises ready for assessment.
- Present a research project showing your understanding of the origins of Contemporary Dance.
- Choreograph a dance to perform in the end of Term 2 Dance presentation show.
Recommended Prior Learning
No prior learning required, just a willingness to learn a new skill.
Diversional Therapist, Actor, Art Director (Film, Television or Stage), Artistic Director, Film and Video Editor, Sound Technician, Dancer, Entertainer, Counsellor, Minister of Religion, Musician, Systems Administrator, Director (Film, Television, Radio or Stage), Early Childhood Teacher, Media Producer, Production Assistant (Film, Model, Nanny/Child Carer, Private Teacher/Tutor, Television Presenter,
Standards shown on courses are only an indication and not all may be offered at the time of study.