The Arts - aDvANCE - A
Teacher in Charge: Mrs B. Davies
Creativity & Innovation
aDvANCE will allow those dancers who already have a strong dance background push their understanding of dance further. In aDvANCE dancers will begin to expand their repertoire of dance styles and genres and strengthen their understanding of the dance elements and choreographic devices to help them clearly communicate their ideas through their choreography. Within aDvANCE we will also have the opportunity to participate in and complete NCEA Level 1 dance assessments.
- Strengthen understanding of commercial dance styles and technique and begin expanding our understanding of various dance styles and their influence on commercial dance.
- Gain an understanding of the origins of various dance styles.
- Begin to strengthen your ability to create dance and choreograph dance performances.
- Polish our performances of various dance styles ready for assessment.
- Present a research project showing your understanding of the origins of a selected dance style.
- Choreograph a dance to perform at the end of Term 2 Dance presentation show.
Recommended Prior Learning
Recommended prior learning - It is recommended that students have either participated in Monumental Momentum, Contemporary Dance or are passionate dancers currently participating in extra curricular dance studies outside of school.
Diversional Therapist, Actor, Art Director (Film, Television or Stage), Artistic Director, Film and Video Editor, Sound Technician, Dancer, Entertainer, Counsellor, Minister of Religion, Musician, Systems Administrator, Director (Film, Television, Radio or Stage), Early Childhood Teacher, Media Producer, Production Assistant (Film, Model, Nanny/Child Carer, Private Teacher/Tutor, Television Presenter,
Standards shown on courses are only an indication and not all may be offered at the time of study.