NCEA Level 3 Health Studies
Teacher in Charge: Mrs K. GILL
- New Zealand Health Issue - student choice based on a contemporary Health related issue currently facing New Zealand. The teacher will also provide options and will guide you through the research and investigative process.
- Health Practices - comparison of ways of dealing with a student nominated health condition. The teacher will provide the framework within which students will examine a health condition and at least three ways of helping with the condition.
- Ethical Issues - students will analyse a contemporary ethical dilemma by looking at the issue from different perspectives.
- Models for effective Health Promotion - this is about strategies used to promote well-being in communities. What the influences are in our decision making in well-being related contexts.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Course Contribution: $10
Stationery Requirements: 1 x 2B8
Recommended Prior Learning
- You need to be a competent reader and be able to express your ideas and those of others form various sources
- You need to be a critical thinker
- Level 2 Health Studies would be helpful but not essential
- Level 2 English or any other reading/writing based subject is preferred
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 5 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 19
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.
Standards shown on courses are only an indication and not all may be offered at the time of study.