NCEA Level 2 Health Studies
Teacher in Charge: Mrs K. GILL
Focus: Health promotion of individuals and groups.
- Health promotion within our community - you will work in a group, or by yourself to enhance well-being of a group within our community
- Gender and Sexuality - investigate what influences the way we are and behave and how we may work to ensure that well-being is enhanced
- Mental Well-being and Resilience - recognising factors that can support change in our lives and how people might best develop strategies to cope with changes
- Personal Safety - recognising situations that might be unsafe at a personal and interpersonal level and develop strategies that we can use to support and help ourselves and others
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Course Contribution: $10 to cover resources
Additional costs may be incurred
Stationery Requirements: 1 x 2B8
Recommended Prior Learning
- You need to be competent reader and be able to express your own thoughts and ideas as well as those from various sources
- Year 11 Health Studies would be helpful but not essential
- Year 11 English - 10+ credits would be helpful
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 15 credits.
Standards shown on courses are only an indication and not all may be offered at the time of study.