NCEA Level 1 Health Studies
Teacher in Charge: Mrs K. GILL
Major focus: personal health promotion, well-being and goal attainment.
- Personal well-being / Hauora - this is about making a commitment to making a small change to one's own well-being by setting and achieving goals.
- Positive Sexuality - learn how to be a confident and know how to express yourself using assertive and effective communication skills
- Food and Nutrition - learn what influences the choices we make around our nutrition and how we can improve our health outcomes
- Drugs and Alcohol - making the right decisions for one's own well-being and those around you
- Managing Change - know how to cope with change and how to build one's resilience and abilities to help oneself and those around you
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Course Contribution: $10
Stationery Requirements: 1 x 2B8
Recommended Prior Learning
- an ability to read with some competence and apply ideas to new situations
- be able to express your ideas and thoughts
- Year 9 and 10 Health could be useful, but not essential
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 11 credits.
Standards shown on courses are only an indication and not all may be offered at the time of study.